Is time travel science fiction, or a plausible reality? The idea of time travel has intrigued writers and scientists for over a century, with fictional storylines and scientific paradoxes that somehow still resist our full understanding. Physics professor and award-winning science fiction author Ken Wharton will use popular movies as a framework to outline several distinct categories of consistent time travel stories — making connections with actual physics wherever possible.
- WHAT: The Physics of Time Travel
- WHO: Ken Wharton, Professor of Physics & Astronomy, San José State University
- WHEN: 8:00 PM, Saturday, January 9, 2016
- WHERE: Chabot Space & Science Center, 10000 Skyline Blvd, Oakland, CA 94619
- HOW: Purchase tickets http://bit.ly/1U27Bbs
- WHY: Because we’re curious creatures.
Wonderfest works every day to promote the scientific outlook. For as little as $1/month, why not become a Wonderfest Patron? As the Medici family were patrons of popular art in old Italy, you can become a patron of popular science and rationality in the modern Bay Area. (And you’ll get that tax-deduction that the Medici never did!) Please become a regular supporter of Wonderfest, and help enlarge the concept of scientific community.
If you shop at Amazon.com, why not shop at AmazonSmile? It doesn’t cost you a dime extra, selection and prices are the same, and a small percent supports Wonderfest and science!
Watch more videos: http://videos.wonderfest.org