Perhaps “Biology is not destiny.” But our genetic code is at least writing on the wall! 1997’s GATTACA is a sci-fi thriller that explores what happens when society can control that writing — when eugenics and genetic discrimination are the norm. Is this our future? Expert commentary and audience Q&A will be provided by Prof. Hank Greely, Director of the Center for Law and the Biosciences at Stanford University. Dr. Greely is both Professor of Law and Professor of Genetics, and he directs Stanford’s Program in Neuroscience and Society.
- WHAT: Special screening of GATTACA, with Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman
- WHO: Expert commentary by Hank Greely, Professor of Genetics and of Law, Stanford
- WHEN: 7:00 PM, Wednesday, Sept 30, 2015
- WHERE: Balboa Theater, 3630 Balboa Street, San Francisco
- TICKETS: <http://www.cinemasf.com/
balboa/buy-tickets/>. Presented by Wonderfest and SF in SF.
- WHY: Because we’re curious creatures.
If you shop at Amazon.com, why not shop at AmazonSmile? It doesn’t cost you a dime extra, selection and prices are the same, and a small percent supports Wonderfest and science!
Watch more videos: http://videos.wonderfest.org