But such fragile ecosystems face new challenges: climate change and overfishing could pose the greatest threats yet to our planet’s tenacious marine life. Prof. Palumbi shares unforgettable stories of some of the most marvelous life forms on Earth, and reveals surprising lessons of how we humans can learn to adapt to climate change.
- TITLE: The Extreme Life of the Sea
- SPEAKER: Dr. Steve Palumbi, Professor in Marine Sciences, Stanford
- WHEN: 7:00-8:30 PM, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014
- WHERE: Eagle Theater, Los Altos High School, 201 Almond Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022
- HOW: In collaboration with the Commonwealth Club Silicon Valley, use the case-sensitive promo code WONDERFEST to get a $5 reduction in “non-member” ticket price at <http://www.eventbrite.com/e/
steve-palumbi-the-extreme- life-of-the-sea-tickets- 9872400616>. Even better, if you’re a student with school ID, use the promo code OCEAN to make your ticket FREE!
- WHY: Because we’re curious creatures
- ADMISSION: $10 (that’s $5 off the regular $15 general admission price, with promo code WONDERFEST)
Image Source: http://ow.ly/ti6NY