Dear friend of Wonderfest,
Were you a little disappointed(!) by last spring’s Rapture no-show? Well, maybe Wonderfest can help!
On Sunday, August 28, you are cordially invited to San Francisco’s Roxie Theater to learn about Real Doomsdays: How Life Could End on Earth. This trademark Wonderfest dialogue will feature two outstanding speakers: UCSC’s Greg Laughlin and NASA’s Chris McKay.
Here’s a compact, eminently forwardable summary of all the specifics, in case you don’t want to send this entire message to your friends. (But please do spread the word!)
- WHAT: A public science dialogue on Real Doomsdays: How Life Could End on Earth
- WHO: UC Santa Cruz astrophysicist Greg Laughlin and NASA planetologist Chris McKay
- WHERE: Roxie Theater, 3117 – 16th Street, San Francisco <http://roxie.com/info/directions.cfm>
- WHEN: 1:00-2:30 PM, Sunday, August 28, 2011
- HOW: It’s FREE, from your science-lovin’ friends at Wonderfest <http://wonderfest.org>.
- WHY: Because we’re curious creatures.
Recall that Wonderfest, now the Bay Area Beacon (not Festival) of Science, will not be producing a weekend festival as it has since 1998. Instead, events like this Doomsday dialogue will pepper the calendar year-round. Our venues will change, as well. This event at the Roxie promises plush seating and good munchies. Add some Earth-shattering science insights, and perhaps a rapturous experience will ensue after all!
Tucker Hiatt, Wonderfest director
P.S. For a beautiful overview of past Wonderfest dialogues, please revisit the Wonderfest website. Technical director (and Picturoo CEO) Eric Yao has assembled finely edited videos of dialogues from the past three years. They — and even a master list of ALL Wonderfest dialogues since 1998 — appear under the Archives menu. Thank you, Eric!