- Our Future with Bees, Apr 6 The world’s bees can improve economic and ecological sustainability, if only we let them. We know the vital importance of bees, yet we also know that they are dying off. What does the future human condition look like in a world that incorporates bees into our architecture, healthcare, and everyday lives? Join Noah Wilson-Rich for a dynamic discussion about bees and how they fit into our future.
- Love in the Time of Facebook, Mar 18 Facebook is a great way to share news, keep in touch with friends, and make fun of old photos. It’s also a gold mine of information about human relationships. Data scientists have studied the communications of people who change their Facebook relationship status from “Single” to “In a relationship.” We now know how their timeline posts change, and how their use of positive wording (“love,” “nice,” “happy,” etc.) evolve.
- Febrile February: Two Types of Fever Posted on: Feb 3rd, 2015
- BAD PHYSICS: Five Common Misconceptions in the Most Basic Science, Jan 13
- LOVE AMONG THE NEURONS: A Neuroscience Guide to Valentine’s Day - Feb 13
- Particle Fever: Film Screening with Special Commentary, Feb 10
- Secrets of the Sleeping Brain, Dec 12
- An Evening with Jared Diamond, Dec. 9