- Are We Alone in the Cosmos? Oct 27 When science fiction portrays the galaxy as an arena of interstellar commerce and, occasionally, of star wars, could it be accurate? We now know that billions of hospitable, Earth-like planets are sprinkled throughout our Milky Way Galaxy. Yet billions of short-term searches for ET have turned up nothing. Where is everybody?!
- A Planet for Goldilocks, Sept 5 “Not too hot, not too cold” reads the prescription for a world that’s just right for life as we know it. Finding evidence of life beyond Earth is one of the primary goals of science agencies in the United States and abroad. The goal looms closer as a result of discoveries made by NASA’s Kepler Mission.
- Whence Our Humanity? Posted on: Aug 5th, 2014
- Watch: Mind Puzzles
- What Are You Made Of? July 21
- Whatever Happened to Homo erectus? Aug 20
- Science Laughs with Norm Goldblatt, July 23
- The Road to Europa -- Chris McKay & Film Screening, Jun 30