- The Mysteries of Sleep, May 7 We spend one third of our lives asleep, yet doctors and scientists still have no complete understanding as to why. It is one of the last great scientific mysteries.
- Dr. Jared Diamond, Apr 9 Pulitzer Prize-winning author Diamond examines the evolutionary history of humans and the unique traits that distinguish us from other animals.
- Understanding Pain, April 15 (tax day!) ain speaks as forcefully and as personally as any human experience. While the ability to experience pain is essential for survival, chronic pain is the scourge of sentient existence. As a topic of research, pain presents a formidable challenge for scientists.
- How Humans Got Smart Posted on: Feb 5th, 2014
- Watch: The Extreme Life of the Sea
- Watch: The African Origins of Human Intelligence
- Watch TED-Ed: How fast?
- Do We Understand Pain? Jan 25
- Watch: A Biologist and a Chemist Confer on the Recipe for Life